Something Witty?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something Witty?

It's Christmas in February Guys! (Non fiction organised writing. For family members only.) OH and Welcome to the I.B.T.C.!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ark One - The Trials

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MegaMilk

MegaMilk

Character sheet
DnD:

Ark One - The Trials  Empty
PostSubject: Ark One - The Trials    Ark One - The Trials  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 9:19 pm

Fearsome monsters... Exotic creatures... Vast riches... Hidden treasures... Evil enclaves... Unexplored lands... The world holds unknown magic; and some incredible people are drawn to that power. They are know as Faction Warriors!

There are no rules when it comes to the Faction Games. The first 1000 people to enter at the start of the year around the world will compete, and only the most elite fighters make it to the top. Untold riches a freedom come with this coveted title, but what of the stories of those who don't succeed?

This game is to risk one's life.
Back to top Go down
MegaMilk

MegaMilk

Character sheet
DnD:

PostSubject: Re: Ark One - The Trials    Ark One - The Trials  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 8:35 pm

(( POVs may change with different posts. Will determined POV at the beginning of post. ))
Back to top Go down
MegaMilk

MegaMilk

Character sheet
DnD:

PostSubject: Re: Ark One - The Trials    Ark One - The Trials  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:41 pm

((3ed POV))

The urge to interrupt him before he had finished was overwhelming for the young woman. She stood on the submission side of the application desk. The receptionist rambled about the dangers of the game, going on to warn her that most everyone would die with this year’s line up. Vika snached up the numbered badge the man had offered as her new identification before quickly turning to get out of line. 872 was what she was assigned; she pinned it to her hip making it visible to all. She had never seen so many noble huntsmen and known criminals together in one place.

Practically swept away by the masses Vika found herself staring up at a digital board. No names were present, however, with every new applicant a face and their corresponding badge number appeared on one of the 20 small monitors. At the top of the board was another number, steadily rising. It was no mystery that each year only 1000 people were allowed to enter. With the winning of each game up to 6 people passed. It was said that unknown riches and knowledge came with the title and most who had succeeded in previous years were so buried in it all that they were rarely heard from again. Private islands, homes around the world, rare artifacts, magic enhancers, and servants by the dozens :with all that Jenn you could buy your freedom from the government. However, Vika was not interested in money or freedom. She already had plenty of magic and had made herself so scarce she was practically off the grid as it was.

All she wanted was her brother back.

Damon. Her brother had struggled to raise her and when he was of age he entered the games himself. He had not died. That much she knew, but she needed more information. Vika spent the last 4 years searching for him. Her hunt had taken her to every continent but to no avail. Each time she found a lead it went cold fast. As if he didn’t want her to find him. Vika had though many time about her brother not wanting her anymore. She was not the most greatful child as they grew up together and she could understand not wanting to go back to that responsibility. Vika refused to believe that though. It was too painful. Her older brother would not abandon her without good reason. The more likely scenario was that he had lost and felt too full of shame to face her again.
Back to top Go down
MegaMilk

MegaMilk

Character sheet
DnD:

PostSubject: Re: Ark One - The Trials    Ark One - The Trials  Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 8:16 pm

((1st POV-Vika Malachite))

I left the crowd to find my starting place for the game as the other new contestants accumulated. The fans of this bloody tournament piled in as well, seating themselves in the towering stands circling this years playing grounds. The first Trial would take place in what looked like a closed area. Stone walls 15 feet high incompused the grounds in what appeared to be a giant circle. Numbers were placed 12 feet high on the walls right above closed doors every 5 feet. It was to be assumed that this corresponded with the number on our badges; our starting points. I had entered somewhere around the 350s and had a bit of a walk to bulldoze my way over to my door.

I approached my destination in no time, taking in the surrounding. The crowd was nearly non existent on this side of the stadium. The only people around were the contestants that had already arrived at their gates. Under 870 sat a young girl on the dirt ground, her legs crossed and with dual katanas resting on her lap. She was dressed in a blue school uniform and had two long pink pig tails. Her eyes were closed as if she was resting, however, the boy next her looked to be chatting her ear off. He had a red bandanna and no weapons that I could see. His shaggy brown hair hung in his eyes as he made his loud gestures. He was number 871. My neighbors seemed pleasant enough.

Once at my gate nearly a half hour passed before anything significant happened. I spent the time conversing with 871, giving the little girl some peace. I learned that his name was Jong-hyun; although we were not really supposed to give our names out. He was quite an impersonal character. I worried for him though, the first unspoken rule of the beginning trials was that there was no rules. I could see him finding himself on the wrong end of a blade, quickly.

Shortly into our conversation jumbo-trons dropped from the coliseum walls for the audience's close up viewing pleasure. Then the announcements started. It was barely audible from where we were seated but we could make out that the hosts were naming off this year’s competitors. Every now and again the stands would rawer lively in cheering for their favored returning competitors. It was quite distracting and I hoped it would not continue to be so when the games started.

“Players to your gates!” A soft female voice sang, cutting thru the air leaving silence in it’s wake. I stood and faced door number 872. "Game Start!" All at once the doors in my view opened and we entered. I walked into a tiny square of a room. Just big enough for a warrior. Behind me the stone gates closed with a thunderous clap and a 30 second hologram timer counted down in front of me.

Under me the ground shuttered and I braced into a lunge, preparing myself. On each wall appeared a glowing purple pentacle with rune characters in it. The timer hit 20 and the 4 walls around me started to spin. The lower the number on the hologram got the faster the walls spun. A trick meant to disorient the players I presumed. I watched the hologram intently, trying to block out the other motions. Instead of hitting 1 a rune word on the hologram blinked and everything went white as a wave of force sent me to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
DnD:

PostSubject: Re: Ark One - The Trials    Ark One - The Trials  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 7:57 pm

((3ed person Damon))

Damon watched from the Faction booths, helpless, as the door closed behind her. He never wished for his little sister to follow him into the legend of the game. Years had passed from the last time they spoke and he was not sure she had the skill to survive this first trial. Damon, as one of the three tops of faction fore, knew his leader was not interested in helping anyone but numbers 870 and 56. Bother skilled blade welders that would fit in with their army. He needed a different approach.

“Neci.” The dark haired man called out. A curvy fiery woman in the corner of the room grunted in response. She was a the Lieutenant of Faction 5; a knife juggler, and one of Damon’s close friends. “Do you know if Angle has already placed bets on any of the competitors?”

“Like she ever tells me what she is thinking.” The redhead placed her chin in the palm of her hand. “..Why?”

“I need a favor.”
Back to top Go down
https://superdragonbreath.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
DnD:

PostSubject: Re: Ark One - The Trials    Ark One - The Trials  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 9:05 pm

((3ed person in labyrinth. Tavin))

He hadn't seen anything like it in the last twenty years. A teleportation device used in the Faction games. Tavin stood from his fallen position in the ground; the purple rune letters fading from around him. He was no longer in the small stone room, but rather in the middle of a forest with trees as thick as cars.

A light pink mist wafted over the ground beneath his feet. When Tavin tried to back away from it he found that he had lost feeling in anything the fog had touched. He fell down onto his back side, now spreading the contamination to his hands, thighs, and lower back. A low growl game from behind the man and his eye widened. He had not drawn the luckiest of locations to end up in.

((First person Vika))

My eyes fluttered open. I was lying on a cool stone floor. The fore walls around me were now two. I was in a long gray hallway, messed with pebbles. I sat up and my ash hair that once was in a ponytail fell louse around my face. The walls here were still only 15 feet high. Still there was nothing dangerous that I could sense. Either way seemed safe for the time being. I used a coin to may my decision for me and headed behind me.
Back to top Go down
https://superdragonbreath.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ark One - The Trials    Ark One - The Trials  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ark One - The Trials
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Something Witty?  :: Sixth Section :: The Star Barker Tournament-
Jump to: